GSDM’s overarching mission is to facilitate and strengthen the efforts of governmental, intergovernmental, non-governmental and private entities, as well as civil society, to prevent, mitigate the potential impact of, prepare for, respond to, and recover from all forms of security, crisis, conflict, emergency and disaster situations. This includes through the correct understanding and most effective utilization of legal tools.
With both extensive specialist legal expertise, as well as inter-disciplinary vision and competency, GSDM can operate at the intersections between legal, social, political, technological and other aspects of wide-ranging security and disaster risk management issues. This includes in respect of the growing inter-connectedness between these traditionally separate sectors, in an increasingly complex landscape of threats, crises, hazards and disasters.
In response to the growing complex, integrated and multi-dimensional nature of factors such as risk, hazards, sustainability and resilience, GSDM can tailor its approaches to single or inter-disciplinary solutions as best meets our clients' needs.
Our core values are very important to us.
- Excellence: we are committed to the provision of high quality, professional services, notably the accuracy of advice, analytical rigour of research, timeliness of project delivery, appropriateness of materials developed and training delivered.
- Integrity: all of our business is conducted in an independent, transparent, ethical and accountable manner. We will only agree to undertake work that does not compromise the core values of GSDM and our clients, and which will not impact adversely on the wider community.
- Transformation: we seek to deliver imaginative, sustainable and ‘value added’ solutions to our clients
- Agility: GSDM is able to deliver its services in response to challenging, often evolving, situations, adapting these as is necessary to evolving issues and changing priorities.
- Respect: we treat our clients, co-workers and wider communities in which we work in a courteous and dignified manner, respecting their rights to privacy and confidentiality as well as freedom of choice.
- Relationships: we invest in longer term, productive and collaborative relationships with our clients and co-workers and, where appropriate, with the wider communities in which we operate.