GSDM’s overarching mission is to further facilitate the efforts of governmental, intergovernmental, non-governmental and private entities, as well as civil society, to prevent, mitigate the potential impact of, prepare for, respond to, and recover from all forms of security, conflict, emergency and disaster situations through the correct understanding and most effective utilization of legal tools.
We work with clients not only to ensure that current and emerging legal requirements are complied with, but also to explore how legal instruments and frameworks may further strengthen their existing approaches, processes and governance structures.
In response to the increasingly complex, integrated and multidimensional nature of factors such as risk, sustainability and resilience, GSDM can tailor its approaches to one or more fields of law, and embed multidisciplinary (i.e. law and non-law) perspectives, as is most appropriate for the client’s needs.
- Excellence: we are committed to the provision of high quality, professional services, notably the accuracy of advice, analytical rigour of research, timeliness of project delivery, appropriateness of materials developed and training delivered.
- Integrity: all of our business is conducted in an independent, transparent, ethical and accountable manner. We will only agree to undertake work that does not compromise the core values of GSDM and our clients, and which will not impact adversely on the wider community.
- Transformation: we seek to deliver imaginative, sustainable and ‘value added’ solutions to our clients
- Agility: GSDM is able to deliver its services in response to challenging, often evolving, situations, adapting these as is necessary to evolving issues and changing priorities.
- Respect: we treat our clients, co-workers and wider communities in which we work in a courteous and dignified manner, respecting their rights to privacy and confidentiality as well as freedom of choice.
- Relationships: we invest in longer term, productive and collaborative relationships with our clients and co-workers and, where appropriate, with the wider communities in which we operate.